CS 5.5 Best Acer laptop for edting

Solution
I advise all my customers to stay away from Acer as their products are built incredibly cheap. I stopped selling them a few years ago as they constantly came in with random hardware failures that the customer did not cause. Then Acer decided to not warranty any of their systems. I had one show up with no hard drive in it at all. Their quality is absolutely crap and I avoid them as much as I can. To the point that I will turn people down and not work on them when they bring one in that has any hardware issues.

I would suggest either a Lenovo, Asus or Dell with an I5, dedicated video and 8GB of ram. Screen size and everything else is up to you.

rudyfranklin

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

Is there something wrong with an Acer ? I asked for the best Acer laptop for running CS5.5
I don't mind the price, I just wanted to know the best in the Acer product line for editing with thw CS5.5
software. Other brand recommendations are also welcome. Thank you.

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I advise all my customers to stay away from Acer as their products are built incredibly cheap. I stopped selling them a few years ago as they constantly came in with random hardware failures that the customer did not cause. Then Acer decided to not warranty any of their systems. I had one show up with no hard drive in it at all. Their quality is absolutely crap and I avoid them as much as I can. To the point that I will turn people down and not work on them when they bring one in that has any hardware issues.

I would suggest either a Lenovo, Asus or Dell with an I5, dedicated video and 8GB of ram. Screen size and everything else is up to you.

Solution

rudyfranklin

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

Thank you very much ish416.
Now I can take this advise to a friend that just got an Acer to do editing work.