[ipad2] Awkward wifi situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hey guys,

So, i live in two houses. I go to one every other week. One house has a netgear router and another has this some kind of mac router. When im using the netgear router, my youtube videos, and EVERYTHING else works fine.

When i use the mac router, my safari loadsvideos perfectly fine and everything works good until i open youtube. It loads all my videos in my favorites and after a search but it takes forever for the video itself to load. It takes average 5 minutes to load a 30 second video. When i watch like the news on safari, it loads superfast and normal. The internet connection is fine between the ipad and router. Itis also perfectly fine for the modem in both houses.

Could the mac router be affecting my youtube app? Might there be a coding error??

Any ideas?
Thanks

dingo07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I would download WIFIFOFUM app and see the specs of the two wireless networks. It sounds like your airport isn't as fast as the netgear, or there's interference where the airport is located. If you have a laptop, this program is better - http://www.metageek.net/support/downloads/

Are they both wireless N networks?

theboi808

Honorable
May 17, 2012
nhasian: yes. I restarted noth router and modem at both houses and even ipad

Dingo07: yes they're both wireless N i think. The router that is giving me problems loads youtube videos perfectly fine on my laptop, which is a macbook. I DL that program you gaveme and give it a test.

Status
Not open for further replies.