How do i find my own security key for my wifi?

N4villu5

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Since you don't know it, I'm assuming a proper password was never set up, so it probably has some default password. What kind of router is it? Did your ISP provide it?

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Please do not ask for help in by-passing or cracking passwords, it is against forum rules as we have no way of verifying whether or not you are the actual owner.

@N4villu5 be careful, breaking the forum rules can lead to you being banned and your account deleted.

N4villu5

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Not trying to break any rules as I didn't suggest he crack or bypass it. Given the lack of information, I'm going on the assumption he has a router that was set up by his ISP and had lost the key. That being the case, often times the default key is written on the router somewhere.

a little black duck

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011

No problems, just pointing out the risks incase you were unaware, is all. Nothing in what you posted was breaking the rules. It's just better to be safe than sorry.

N4villu5

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Of course, thank you.

rdc85

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
the simplest way is ask to the person who setup the wifi network (ISP, IT dept, etc..)

If the router is your own (but forgot your own pass) then u can reset it manually (read the router booklet), and then reconfigure the network............

G

rdc85 is right. Ask the guy who setup ur router or call up ur isp. In my case my isp tech guy did that. He never gave me my isp network log in password .Nor i bothered to ask him (I always can get that from my isp). Maybe he thought m dumb or something. He was about to leave without even giving me my wifi password till i asked him. That was really strange.

And about verifying about if the concerned ppl r owners or not, are r accounts verified with some authentic method here except the old lame email verification process?.

TRENDING THREADS