Needing help rebuilding laptop

kressiee

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hi I have a toshiba satellite L500 that was attacked by viruses and then everything was wiped. I was wondering if i could fix it. I know I need better ram, windows7 and a proper anti virus protector but i am not sure about anything else please help me :)

if the restore image is still on the hard drive you should be abkle to hit a keystroke at power up to put the factory image on it. if you can boot into windows and have data that you need you can download a free anti virus like avg or avast and put it on a usb stick and try to install it on your laptop. if it cant boot into windows there http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
that has anti virus tools built into it and a small windows xp boot to try and get your data off the drive.
if the restore image is gone you have to contact your laptop vendor and there send you a cd or give you a link to make an iso restore image. you run the restore put the factory software onto the laptop...then install an anti virus software. for ram there a free ram guild from crucial...jsut put in your laptop info it tell you your default amount of ram the max amount of ram the unit can use and the part numbers for all the ram kits that will work.