Class action suit against acer

slinkycat

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
LINDA DAVIS
MULBERRY ARKANSAS

I BOUGHT AN ACER LES THAN 2 MOS IT BROKE KEYBOARD DEFECTIVE THEY REPAIRED IN A COUPLE WEEKS IT BROKE AGAIN JUST WENT DEAD I SENT IT BACK AND THEY SAID THE LAPTOP ASPIRE HAD WATER DAMAGE AND WANTED $199 to repair i said send it back it took it straight to a computer repair person and they said it had a sticker on it and they opened the computer and said it had water poured inside it and it was still wet this computer sat at my house hanging in a leather bag for 2 mos and its hot summer time no way it could have gone to be repaired and come back to me with water inside this computer was used very little and NEVER got water spilled on it or in it this company is a huge scam and im out of a laptop in in less than 6 monthsDONT BUY AN ACER IT WILL BREAK FAST AND THEY WILL SCAM YOU OUT OF FIXING IT

Xenturion

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Acer is a garbage brand, for lack of a better word. They skimp on quality and reliability in favor of driving prices down. And, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. (On a side note, I find Acer's new slogan rather fitting "It's not what you think. It's better.") Your message is rather jumbled and without any real punctuation, is rather difficult to read. I'd recommend you just buy yourself a USB keyboard and call it a day.

inerax

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Do you live in a very humid area? Is your house humid from a swamp cooler or anything else?

I have had those little stickers show water damage when water never came in touch with the item. It was due to the humidity.

slinkycat

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

I live in arkansas Ive had some of my computers for years humidity isnt what happened here my computer repair person said when she opened the laptop right out of the box they sent it back in she said it was all wet inside like they had just poured water in it and and closed it back up and sent it to me, this computer NEVER had anything spilled on it or near it and humidity didnt do the damage it had . This computer stopped working and i was to busy to box it up and send it back it hung in a leather bag on my coat rack for a couple months and then was fedXed twice in this summer heat a little moisture would have been long gone they did this and if you look around other people have gotten the same treatment most people just say ok and tell them not to even send it back but i did and i got a second opinion thats why im putting the story out because people will get smart to what they are doing Im also complaining to the company that sold it to me I didnt even get 6 mos use out of it

inerax

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

I have never heard anyone having water poured onto a computer by ACER. Sure they have bad service and low quality products but why would they dump water into a computer? If most dont ask for it back acer is loosing money...

Was the shipment insured? contact your shipping company if it was and explain you did not ship it wet, acer said it was wet when they got it.

slinkycat

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
I shipped it fedX AND THE POSTAGE WAS PROVIDED BY ACER I DONT THINK THERE WAS ANY INSURANCE I DIDNT BUY ANY I JUST SHIPPED IT THE COMPUTER WAS ALL BUBBLLE WRAPPED NO MENTION THE BOX WAS WET SO> ALL I KNOW IS THE COMPUTER NEVER GOT WET AND I MEAN LIKE SOMETHING SPILLED NEAR IT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT I USED IT ON RARE OCASSION AND WHEN NOT IN USE IT WAS IN A LEATHER BAG HANGING ACER DID PUT WATER INSIDE BEFORE MAILING IT BACK TO ME AS MY REPAIR PERSON OPENED IT UP AND SAID THERE WAS NO WAY THAT MUCH WATER COULD BE LEFT IN IT EVEN IF IT WAS DAMP WHEN I MAILED IT AT FIRST TO BE REPAIRED
IM AT A TOTAL LOSS I DIDNT GET # MONTHS USE OF IT AS IT BROKE TWICE THE FIRST FEW MONTHS