How to install windows xp latest laptop

viaam

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
i am unable to install windows xp in Acer ASPIRE 4738Z laptop everytime i try to install up to windows start up nm come a blue screen so could anyone tell me how install windows xp to Acer ASPIRE 4738Z laptop

jimpz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
More than likely XP does not haver the correct drivers to support your new hardware, Acer *may* have XP divers on there website, or you may havr to sesarch for them individually on the component mfg's web site.
There's a good chance tht the laptop may not be able to run XP because ther are no XP drivers for it.

Jim

RetiredChief

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2007
DownLoad site - But they do not specify which are win 7 and which are win XP (sometimes the driver detects which OS).
http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=3319/

As jimpz indicated you need the Disk drive Chipset (XP predates your Chipset so NO deaflt driver means can NOT recognize the HDD). Recomend you get it from Intel. You will need the "F6" driver for Your Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset.
Here is the Intel site:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Rapid+Storage+Technology
Just select your operating system, then select the F6 driver.

When you start your win XP install you must tell it you have additional drivers. Hopefully you can put them on a Thumbdrive (must be formated Fat32 NOT NFTS.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Rapid+Storage+Technology

Added, You may be able to change the Bios to IDE mode and that may work - Less desirable method.

4745454b

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
Not true. If he has a valid XP license he's allowed to install it on any one computer he wants. I have a friend with a retail XP, and she can install it on any computer she is currently using. The problem is if XP can handle the hardware....

Hi :)

Lol...no she cant.... XP is precisely the same legally as 7 ...ONE key = ONE machine.... ONLY....

All the best Brett :)

ss202sl

Honorable

If he has a retail copy, then he can legally transfer ir it from a dead(no longer has XP) system to a new system. An OEM license is married to a system and can't be transferred.

Sephypoo73

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
If they don't understand how to install XP,(more so how stupid it is to put it on a new machine) I highly doubt they know how Microsoft licensing works. For all we know they could be using a random Dell restore CD or something retarded.

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006

Take it back where you bought it and ask them to do it for you.

LoneWolfSS454

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Quote from RetiredChief above; "You may be able to change the Bios to IDE mode and that may work - Less desirable method." This is what I did to test install XP Pro on my Acer laptop. I had the same blue screen prior to changing the BIOS. Give it a try, it worked for me.