Buying a new laptop and need advice

RemyS

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
hello all ,
just like the thread name implements that's what I'm looking for and here is the guide quistions answered so please anything you suggest is much appreciated

1. What is your budget?

1500$ max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

15-17

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

desktop replacement

5. How much battery life do you need?

the more the better

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I play many games and usually on high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

programming

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

doesn't matter I can change it later

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/home > I got XBOX free promo that's why :p

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

too long but will get a full fledged desktop when I can with a laptop at the side for time of need

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

preferably a dvd blu ray writer but a dvd re-writer IS ENOUGH
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I like Dell and Alienware, ASUS, Sony and LG ... and got too many negative feedback on acer, toshiba and hp

13. What country do you live in?

KSA but gonna buy it from the US mostly

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'm a crazy gamer and I need to travel around to study at a university and shipping my PC would be hard and cost too much nevertheless I'll be needing to buy a monitor, a disk and a chair for way more than what I have in mind. so I will need to buy a new laptop. I want a laptop that compare in strength with my PC or better with a good price and doesn't get me regretting buying it.

My Pc specs are :
MoBo: GIGABYTE X58A-UD7
Processor: Core i7 i-920 2.66Ghz
RAM: 8GB Kingston HyberX 1666
GPU: Single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
HDD: Many :p
and of course a 1080P screen

Thanks,

That's not going to happen on your budget.
A laptop GTX 480M is about half as powerful as a desktop GTX 480.

None of the MS Store laptops comes anywhere close to your requirements.

Have a Plan B?