Acer 6920g Z partition problems

fabiobranky

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
Hello evrybody, and compliments for this forum, i've got an issue with my internal Hdd of my acer laptop. Is a WDC 320Gb partitioned in three parts 153.59Gb C: 149.79Gb D: and 3.81Gb Z: NTFS. Now the problem is that in the Z partition i think there are file for the e recovery restore management and evrytime a viruscan is reading in the partition the lappy freeze and i have to force the shutdown by holding/pressing the startup button on the laptop.. i tryed using chkdsk/f/r in the partition but at 20% is blocking always, i downloaded westerndigital datalifeguard diagnostic but while running diagnostic same thing happen.. and i'm wondering what to do.. for the moment i solved just avoidin the programmed antivirus scanners, making a personalized one with exclusion of that partition.. i suspect some cluster is gone in that part of the HDD. Now the question is: how to save the recovery partition for future restore of my lappy in case i need it and how to format the 3Gb avoiding windows to use the clusters that are gone. Somewhere i heard about low level format but i don't know how to proceed!
in attachment is a pic of the Z partition, is the recovery one?

nhasian

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
go to the Disk Management tool and simply remove the drive letter from the system restore partition. it should not have a drive letter to begin with :)

If you want to save the partition for future use you can do so with Clonezilla. Once you've backed up the partition with clonezilla you can delete the partition and use the free disk space.

fabiobranky

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

halloo ...before to do that i saw that there's another partition of 12Gb under disk management so i think Z: is for the acer arcade! if i remove the letter and i clone then merge the free with C: space don't i risk those damaged sectors starts to give me problems?

unlabeledhidedpartiotio.jpg

do u think my Hdd should be replaced asap? this is a screenshot of the healty tab from HDtune:

hdtunehealthtab.jpg