Cant charge my compaq presario r3000 laptop when on

muse_05

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
my laptop cant charge when it on i have tried changing the battery but still cant charge please help.....

Solution
Your power supply may be bad. Have you checked it? Plug it into an outlet that you know works. Then, take a volt meter and check output. It it shows ok, then your laptop connector, where that power supply plugs into the laptop, is mst likely broken. That is sometimes repairable, but is not easy to do, and requires someone with good soldering skills. That is actually part of the mbod. If you could get aother mbod, that would also most likely fix the problem. Is the laptop new? More than a few years old? Might be time to get a new one..... Best of luck.

terryd75

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
Your power supply may be bad. Have you checked it? Plug it into an outlet that you know works. Then, take a volt meter and check output. It it shows ok, then your laptop connector, where that power supply plugs into the laptop, is mst likely broken. That is sometimes repairable, but is not easy to do, and requires someone with good soldering skills. That is actually part of the mbod. If you could get aother mbod, that would also most likely fix the problem. Is the laptop new? More than a few years old? Might be time to get a new one..... Best of luck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS