Price of MacBook Pro 13 inch 2009

Nanovinnie

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Hello! My brother has a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2009, the thing is that the MacBook keyboard doesn't work. :bounce:
Here are the conditions and specs:

Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9400m 256MB
2GB Ram
160GB Hard Drive

Conditions:
Case: 9/10
Battery: 8/10
Charger: 8/10
Display: 9/10
Trackpad: 7/10
Keyboard: 2/10

If you are wondering why does the keyboard doesn't work, it's because it got water inside by accident.

Solution
I would guess (based on prices on ebay) maybe $200-250 max. The problem is that you don't know what else was damaged by the water as far as the internals.

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009

you have a VERY different definition of "perfectly fine" than i do. what good is a computer of any kind without a functioning keyboard? (here's a fun challenge: try making another retort without using a keyboard!)
apple products lose value much quicker than other computers due to their rapid rate of obsolesence, combine that with the fact that without a working keyboard this macbook is essentially usesless as it is, and that leaves it without much value at all.
i couldn't help but notice that, as some who insinuates he know more than me, you didn't suggest a value yourself.

nanovinnie, i said $50 give or take $50 ($0-$100), it seems vrumor's assessment is similar.
if you found a replacement keyboard and fixed it yourself making it fully functional again you'd get much more (maybe $300 range).