Programming/Web Design/Photoshop/Dreamweaver etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueballs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
I am a college sophomore and starting computer science classes next semester. I want to find a good laptop (I move around a lot) that I can use for school and that can handle VB, C++, photoshops, and all that good stuff and also play some games if possible but I have a desktop for that if need be. Anyways I basically need a professional workstation laptop that will be able to handle a lot of things simultaneously.

1. What is your budget?
- $3000 Max

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" to 18" The bigger the better but I want a decent battery life if at all possible.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080 would be preferred

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
That's a tough one, I go performance over portability but I would like to find a nice medium.

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 2 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
This is low priority for this computer. Some high quality gaming capability would be nice but I have a desktop at home for pleasures.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Everything from photo/video editing to programming, running linux, dreamweaver and web design.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750gb to 1tb or an SSD/HDD combo. Whatever is recommended I suppose.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Doesn't matter.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Blueray/dvd writer/reader

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference

13. What country do you live in?
U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
None

Thanks in advance.

Solution
ASUS N56VZ-DS71 15" notebook ~$1259 in basic configuration. Can be customized in several ways.
Core i7-3610QM 2.3Ghz Ivy Bridge CPU, 8GB RAM, 750GB 5400rpm HDD, 15.6" 1920x1080 anti-glare LCD w/ Geforce GT 650 graphics.
Optimus battery saving capability, 2-year Warranty & 1 Year Accidental Damage Protection.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS