How to transfer individual programs from one hard drive to another?

zeb3065

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012
How can I transfer a program if I do not have the original install disks? I cannot just copy the program because the files are all over the registry and such and simply copying it will not work.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
You've basically stated the answer.

You need to be able to reinstall the program. It might be possible to download the installer of the software maker's site and use the key you already have from your previous install.

zeb3065

Honorable
Jun 28, 2012

No I am not interested in doing something illegal. What I am talking about is if I have lost my install disks and do not want to rebuy because I have already paid for it how can I move the program.

G

Of course ur software is not pirated. Else, whole would bother too go to such an extend to transfer the software. The question is what type of software r u using. Most of the software r available as 1 month free use download/ or with computer magazinesas free goodies on their dvd. If that is the case u can just install and input ur serial number and connect via the Internet to activate it. one problem here is the version number. Sometimes the sites keeps a few older versions. Mostly u need ur legit serial number and ur installed version number should match.