Can my hp pavillian dv600 get a new video card?

GI_JONES

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006

Thats a laptop, isnt it? Your not going to find a new motherboard for it either. Its not like a desktop where you can choose from dozens if not more boards. A laptop's board is made for that model, and there is usually very little if any interchangability

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
When it comes to laptops, with a very few exceptions you cannot upgrade the CPU or GPU.

In the future we may have a few USB3, Thunderbolt or external PCI-express upgrades but that won't help you now.

IIRC there are a few external USB2 graphics solutions but they would be hard to find now and at least as slow as what you have. I can't say I have ever seen a Firewire option, but then again I'm not into fruit computers. Express Card 54 may actually be an option, just don't expect it to be cheap or easy. There are several e-gpu DIY projects on the net, but for me at least it would be better to save up and get a new laptop with a real discreet GPU (read non-intel). This items comes to mind, but I have zero experience with it. http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock

Sorry for the bad news.