Thermal compound/wifi card upgrade+other laptop Qs

mochimochi

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
HI forum-goers
I'm looking to buy a gaming notebook, and settled on the sager np9150 as the most cost-effective choice in the sub $1800 range.
I"ve settled on a cpu/gpu, but I wasn't sure whether upgrading the wireless networking card/ thermal compound would be worth it?
for thermal...: I have the option to get IC dia thermal compound
for wifi: I have the option to upgrade to bigfoot killer/centrino advanced and ultimate
also, based on other commentary I've gathered RAM/HDD upgrades will not effect game quality relative to the impact of cpu/gpu: if that is true, am I ok with the cheapest option: 8GB DDR3 1600mHz, 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA 300 no mSATA SSD
thanks!
(if anyone has time I'd love you to look over my cpu/gpu decisions for usefulness / cost-effectiveness on cpu etc: AMD HD 7970, 3rd gen 3720 QM)

thedancingman4321

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
Yo may want an mSATA, that will lower your boot time to 20s>. That is speedy ram still, and 8 gigs is plenty unless your are a heavy photo editor. As for the thermal compound/ wireless card, dont go for it, as the stock card will get you good internet speeds and the thermal compound probably will only make a 2-3 degree C difference.