Samsing Considering Android for New Google TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeraldjunkmail

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
Doesn't this mean that you have to stream HD over the internet? 7% of the USA is not even ON the internet, never mind on the uber high speed internet you would need to stream full HD content to an HDTV...

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
AT&T U-Verse is delivered via IPTV. Its fiber to the node (FTTN) and Coax to Home gives me more than 24Mbps downstream. And their HD is quite good, althought not awesome.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Sing a Song of Samsung, Pockets full of Wifi....

pity the comments got deleted, that was kinda funny.

Though really, This means there is a possibility they might abandon Samsung apps and my TV and Blue ray player will no longer get any updated apps. Suckfest.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
right now technology is the entertainment industries worst enemy. Blu-Ray will be outdone (probably by Sony's already new technology that holds 1 TB per disc, per layer), HD-DVD was a bust, pissing of millions of people. DVI was a bust for copy protection in HDMI. Then you needed HDMI + HDCP (copy protection, read decrypter), screwing out people that jumped on the HDMI 1.0 and DVI people.

People are tired of getting screwed. Only the people with money to waste are the ones that are helping lead the ways with these new technologies. The rest of the world is wising up and just watching thing on what they have. Google TV MIGHT be able to help, but if its a pay service, it;s gonna be hard pulling people away from NETFLIX (my ONLY source of "tV", i dont even get OTA signals and im 3 miles away from FOX broacasting HQ, in the suburbs). On top of all of these digital TV has been a massive headache even for people that just want to watch FOOTBALL.

I am very tech savy and this Digtal crap turned me away from all commercials and OTA TV, there must be millions of others that arent watching those expensive ads on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.