Laptops Better Than Z575 for $550 or Less?

bavarians6

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
That GT 610M is much worse than the 6650M in the laptop the OP linked. When you add the hybrid crossfire to that 6650M (assuming the laptop is set up to do that), the resulting GPU should be MUCH more powerful than a GT 610M.

That being said, the CPU is faster in the Acer. If the machine is primarily for gaming, you won't notice at all, though, and the A6 CPU in the OP's linked laptop has more than enough power for day-to-day tasks.

sluchy523

Honorable
May 21, 2012
I was wondering, if I overclock that CPU to a constant 2.4ghz, would it affect anything besides battery life? Would it harm any of the other components? If it would, is there anyway I could install a fan, or a cooling pad?

P.S That was one of the laptops that I thought might be better, thanks for clarifying on the GT 610m, wasn't sure about that.

bavarians6

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Hmmm. That A6 can turbo core to 2.4, which is similar to what Intel's chips do with Turbo Boost: they turn off core(s) and raise the clock of the remaining core(s) for lightly threaded work. I'm really not 100% sure how that works.

If you *can* actually overclock it like that, then the only thing that will be affected is probably the battery life and heat output.