Need some feedback on this laptop!

jbleskey

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
Whats up guys, I'm going to be attending college next year as a freshman and wanted some criticism on this laptop I picked out.. my grandparents were trying to buy me a $2,500 laptop that they know nothing about, but I found a pretty decent one on Newegg for a price I couldn't seem to beat anywhere else. I do love to play video games, and most higher end laptops are labeled as gaming laptops, but I think this one will suit me well for academics too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152334

kurjack

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
That laptop will work quite well for anything you throw at it for now. However if you plan to go to class with the laptop you may find the thing is quite heavy in a textbook loaded backpack.

When I started school 3 years ago I bought a alienware M15X and I almost never took it to class so it was alright but whenever I did take it to class I found my backpack unbearably heavy.

Personally I now have a good gaming desktop and a cheap mobile laptop. Leave the gaming to a real machine.

Overall the choice is yours on what you want to carry around.

jbleskey

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
My next step up would be a custom laptop from Origin.. but this is basically everything I wanted. My only concern is that I haven't seen or heard much about MSI laptops.. I was wondering if anyone has personal experience with one of these machines?