Which Laptop for gaming under INR 50000 (or $900)

vipulgreattt

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Hi people.

I want to buy a good performance laptop, which can handle graphics and other applications perfectly. I know i am low on budget, but I cant afford more than this. (50000 INR or $900)

I had in mind one similar to or better than Lenovo Y570 (has GT 555M) GPU. but the model doesnt seem to be available in my country. Also the prices are higher than my budget. In addition Lenovo isnt getting overall good reviews on most of the sites I visited.

The main problem is there are several good models are available in other countries, which I could afford, if they were in India, but due to limited availability I cant get them here (also the support services wouldnt be avaible for them here, I think).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the answers for questions you people might need:

1. What is your budget?
$900

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
around 14".

3. What screen resolution do you want?
not lesser than 1366x768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable will be fine. Thats why 14". but not an issue if bigger one is available

5. How much battery life do you need?
around 3 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. No specific game in mind. But I sure need as much better GPU as can be available at this price (1GB)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
video and photo editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
not an issue (can be as low as 250 GB, but 500 GB will be great)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Would purchase personally.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
5 year

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD ROM/writer or better
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
ASUS> Lenovo=Acer > HP (preference order). I'd appreciate, if you guys could suggest more , better than these if available

13. What country do you live in?

India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Several models are not available here in India. Back-lit keypad would be great.

I look forward to your answers. Please help.

TIA

vipulgreattt

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Also, I went through similar threads like my current question, but didnt get any result there. The gaming laptops suggested in other threads are either outdated, or not available in stock now. So I suppose I am not repeating the same question again. So hope the question doesnt get deleted. :)