Lag problem on CounterStrike

hardwareman11

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
i have 6Gb of RAM installed in my new HP Dv6. It has a dedicated GPU; the Radeon 7690m XT 1gb and it runs fine.
When I play Counterstrike, it tends to have a lower FPS than the regular 50+ or sometimes 35-40+ FPS. WHich is still good. When there are a lot of things on screen it lags for some reason. It really is annoying. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I have no idea how I could get more RAM to play with. I cannot even raise the resolution or the shadow quality when playing Diablo 3 which it plays fairly well-I reach level 34 already with no problems after some tweaking. Help? Maybe its something else?

hardwareman11

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Yeah. I know. I was wondering what the problem could be. The Latency is 66-77, some go to 80 and 90. When I am playing and facing "the action", it gets to probably 25 FPS or so. bad. But as soon as I turn away from "The action" in whichever other direction, it is fine. I don't understand.

hardwareman11

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Yeah. I know. I was wondering what the problem could be. The Latency is 66-77, some go to 80 and 90. When I am playing and facing "the action", it gets to probably 25 FPS or so. bad. But as soon as I turn away from "The action" in whichever other direction, it is fine. I don't understand.

hardwareman11

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011

hardwareman11

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
No. I have read that the 7690m has never had another software update to the drivers. Ever. HP, has a stalinic hold on releasing anything for it. Makes no sense. Which an update is hwat some people want. i would like ot play Diablo 3 at 1080 and higher settings but who knows.

You bought a laptop with a laptop graphics card that is about as powerful as a Radeon HD 5670 desktop graphics card. It's just not a very powerful graphics card.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
What cpu does the laptop have in it?
cs:s isnt a really graphical intensive game, if you are playing online or offline with 16+ people/bots a better cpu is needed rather then a better graphics card/ram.
Try creating your own game with no bots you should see a much better frame rate, if you still seeing the low frame rate something other then the cpu is effecting the performance.

things to try:
turn off AA.
disabled v-sync.

if its a AMD laptop check to see if x-fire is enabled (assuming its a llano cpu with dual graphics, if its intel cpu forget about this).

update the graphics card drivers from the amd website.

Darksol

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
It has to be your internet connection causing the lag. I used to play Battlefield 2 on a 256k on a Intel 4500m and used to lag only when in heavy firefights or something bombastic went off on the screen.

hardwareman11

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
The latency is not too bad most of the time though. The fun maps that I like are the once with higher latency. Maybe thats it?, I already typed in what I would experience and the quick fix for it: move the direction your facing in the game and its 50+

Darksol

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
A packet is a unit of network data. Does it say slow down when you look at firefights then all of a sudden speeds up for no reason (not fps increase). Could you post the gfx settings that you were using.

Darksol

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hey does the game lockup and pause then continue. Like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v50yl340DA.
Also check if you have by mistake set the affinity to 1 core or its priority to realtime or below normal or low.