8Gb RAM
DirectX 11
Nvidia GTX675M (3D)
60Gb S.S.D (Start up)
1TB H.D.D (Storage)

Out of 10?

compared to?

if i compared it to an average budget rig you can build for much cheaper? 10/10

if i compared it to average non extreme gaming rigs in the same price range as yours? its about normal. 8/10

if i compared it to extreme gaming rigs its lacking 1 or two more video cards, many storage devices and other such extras. 5/10

if i compared it to a supercomputer .000001/10

---

depending on what you compare it to your results will vary.

First, for clarification, the i7 3720 is a 4 core processor with hyperthreading which allows 8 threads, it is not an 8 core.
Rating it as a laptop only, 9+. Those specs are very nice for a mobile computer, one year ago, the specs would've been nice for any computer
Rating as a computer in general 9. Still respectable specs for general computing since I would give most laptops a lot less.
Rating it as a gaming computer, 7. Although it has one of the best mobile graphics cards available, those card still lack compared to their full size brethren - It will game but you probably won't be using the highest settings. I could be underrating this aspect as I could find limited information about the graphics.
I really like the dual hard drive aspect, definately a monster of a laptop I'd say.

Andy Roo21

Honorable
May 12, 2012
Yeah its the alienware m17x r4 2012 edition? 2gb of dedicated graphics. It also comes with the ATI Radeon 7970M option, which i read performs that bit better but ah well. High end games like Skyrim, BF3, need a bit of tweaking for that smooth frame rate but i dont mind i like to learn a bit here and there. Max payne runs brilliant. The only thing in my opinion that isnt ready is the 3D.

Might even dabble in a bit of overclocking if i ever have the guts lol

Thanks for the response guys :)