miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hey guys, thinking about getting a laptop in some (I hope) near future. As of now, the best laptop graphics card is GTX 675M (Well, at least there's no laptops with HD 7970/90M on NewEgg, neither there is 680 yet I think; XoticPC & other - too expensive). So, I'll need a warranty, 3 years/more if a chance. On XoticPC, Sager with desired settings is around $1660-70, which includes 3 years warranty. MSI's is around $2000 with warranty. Is it worth of spending extra $300 for MSI or Sager is the best among the two?
Hope to get a nice gaming laptop. I want to be playing BF3 on Ultra, maybe without all those AA/AF, but still. Rendering will be too. Budget - less is better. I could save some money for a 6-core for around $3000, but I don't need it. All I need is above. So, let's say, my budget is below $1800. Don't forget, BF3 on Ultra.

Sager/Clevo is among the best gaming chassis around.
If the specs/features are the same MSI shouldn't be worth an extra $300.

Check a few of the other boutique builders to find the best price.
http://www.malibal.com/
http://www.powernotebooks.com/
Many of the boutiques do 'price matching' like XoticPC does.

These ARE notebooks. They don't have the same performance as desktops.
You might need to adjust your settings to get the smooth, fluid frame rates that can power through crowded, explosion filled gaming action.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Malibal - about the same, Power Notebooks - same story, but there's some ground shipping coverage, dunno if I need it. If I do, then excuse me, no. As I said, the less it'll cost, the better. But the company should be some of the trustworthy ones, like Sager/MSI/some other. And of course I do understand the laptop is not intended to run BF3 on all settings max, but excuse me, it's an underclocked GTX 560 (Ti) after all, and that can run pretty fine.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Just now was looking at Alienware on XoticPC, and you're right - the laptop with 7970M costs more than Sager's, and that's without warranty! Will be looking after some other brands. So far, Sager is the best. Any other on XoticPC/other custom laptop builders?

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
I like Asus as well, but really would like to play BF3 with max settings, and BTW, there's a next Lara Croft coming out the next year. Really want it! It'll be the best game in the series, just watch a couple of videos.