Gaming Laptop for working away.

malikoi

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Hey guys and gals.

Need a little help please. :D

1. What is your budget?
My budget will most probably be around the £1400/$2200 mark. Could possibly push that up to £1600/$2500.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The size would have to be 15"-17", anything bigger is to large.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920x1080, I want it to be able to play HD movies.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
As mentioned in title, it would have to be portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
A minimum of 3-4 hours of use.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or
High)?

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - High settings.
Diable III - High settings.
Football Manager - N/A.
Mass Effect 3 - N/A.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Movies/photo editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500 GB+.

9. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2+ Years.

10. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray R/W would be best, but a bluray player would suffice.

11. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
N/A

12. What country do you live in?
England, UK.

I won't be able to buy the laptop until the end of next month, so any new hardware in that time-frame can be considered.

Thanks for the help!

/Mali.

malikoi

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Can anyone please shed some light onto which laptop to buy?

If its possible I would also buy from the US.

Thanks again.

kurjack

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

Everyone knows that a gaming laptop is kind of a stretch, the best you can do is get the best available at the time.

That asus laptop would likely play the games you want perfectly fine. You will find it quite large/heavy. Also if your playing games the battery wont last for very long either since games just suck the juice out of any battery. I would think 3 hours browsing the web would be the maximum battery life of that laptop.

I recently purchased a

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/office/mobile-computing/notebook/NP700Z5C-S01CA-gallery

its resolution is a bit weak at 1600x900 but its size/battery life(5 hours web browsing, 2 hours in game) and overall GPU power is good enough. Its also easily portable since its under an inch thick. I have played Diablo III and sc2 on the laptop at high settings with no lag.

malikoi

Honorable
May 28, 2012
Thanks kurjack, but the battery life is probably the least important thing I need as I only travel for a max of 4 hours a week, I stay in a hotel for the week so would have power/plugs readily available.

I didn't say but the HD movie watching is probably as important as the gaming aspect.

Thanks for the respose though.