Gaming laptops under 800

xtremeguy

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Hey ,I was just wondering if you guys could help me please , I currently have a 7 year old , 2 GB ram , Toshiba laptop. And I love it , except it doesn't run new games and stuff, so Just wondering if you guys could help me get a good laptop which will last me good and wont lag from the first day , preferably Toshiba. Thanks

edit1754

Distinguished
May 14, 2012
I am going to second the HP DV6-6C53NR.

It has one of the faster GPUs available within your budget, and it has one of the best displays available within your budget (15.6" 1920x1080 matte).

You should avoid 15.6" 1366x768 displays (the commonplace display) when reasonable. Such displays make things onscreen large, and tend to have poor image quality due to low contrast.

Keep in mind that, if you do end up getting the HP DV6-6C53NR, that you go into the BIOS and change the switchable graphics settings from DYNAMIC to FIXED. Some games will not properly engage the dedicated GPU in DYNAMIC mode, but FIXED mode will allow you to control which GPU is enabled and it should ask you to if you want to enable/disable the dedicated GPU when you plug/unplug the power.