$800 Laptop, did I find the best deal?

Confuzzled77

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
1. What is your budget? 800 is my limit

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13/14/15/16

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1600x1900 or 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Not really

5. How much battery life do you need? Hopefully 5hrs plus with light browsing.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes; Minecraft, Skyrim, Medium

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Watch movies/play games/ maybe do some work, excel and such

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320 and up

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. no specific site, see what I found at the bottom

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Dvd reader

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Doesnt matter.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I like Matte screens, but its not required.

Here is what I found: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c53nr/productID.243730200/vip.true
and it comes with a free xbox..Can I do better? Should I wait for IvyBridge/Trinity? I would prefer to order now, but can wait a few weeks if you guys think it will be best.

Core i5-2450M 2.50 GHz CPU and 15.6" 1920x1080 anti-glare LCD w/ Radeon HD 7690M XT for $800 is very good deal right now.
And if you qualify for the free Xbox 360 and it's something you want - no reason to wait.

That free XBox 360 offer isn't only available on the MS store. But you might have found the best value for a laptop with some gaming ability under $1000.

NewEgg Free XBox 360