Dell inspiron laptop ac adapter light turns off

sadams1128

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Dell Inspiron n7010. Had set on hibernate, now will not power up at all. Tried the different methods of turning on (i.e. holding power key down for a minute while battery/AC adapter disconnected, connected, etc.). It's still just dead. Also, the AC adapter LED light shuts off when plugged into computer. Tried other adapters, same result.

mark2012_96

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Try other Ac Adapter, follow this link if you want http://www.genuinebatteries.com/laptop-ac-adapters, I bought My charger there and its good, they also offering Ac adapters and I think its also good. thank you.

Pradeep Singh

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Hello,

My name is Pradeep and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
Since you have already tried 2 good known adaptors and if the wall outlet where you are connecting
the adaptor is working fine then it appears to be an issue with the system board.It is unfortunate that you may have to replace the Motherboard.

Thanks,
Dell-Pradeep Singh

pratham_verma

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012

Hi,

Welcome to the Community.

It seems that there is a problem with the motherboard ( system board ) of your laptop. I would suggest you to get it replaced as it is not transferring the charge to the battery. Also, I would suggest you to check the port wherein you plug the ac adapter to see whether it is damaged or not.

Thanks,

Pratham

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

justboomit

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I face these issue all the time. I connect my HP laptop's AC adapter to my Dell laptop for few seconds and then try my Dell laptop's AC adapter. That works like a charm. Hope this helps you!

Ganesh005

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Pradeep - Cant only the power jack be replaced on the motherboard? Or, Dell doesn't not want to do chip level repair?

Ganesh005

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Pradeep - Cant only the power jack be replaced on the motherboard? Or, Dell doesn't not want to do chip level repair?