Dell netbook overheating way too much

akast12

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Hi i have a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 and its been overheating way too much even though i just have a few tabs open in chrome and kaspersky running in the background.I've been monitoring it since a few days using Speed Fan and the temperatures lie between 55-75 degrees.Today morning it went upto 85 downloading something and that was way too hot so i immediately hibernated.Then after about 2 hours when i started the comp again it showed me the BSOD and then i had to restart after which the comp was working fine and it is till now but overheats too much.I need help.Thanks.

Pinhedd

Distinguished
uninstall Kaspersky and install Microsoft Security Essentials. A lot of antivirus programs are not only unnecessary and ineffective, they also tend to chew up almost all spare resources while performing unnecessary and ineffective tasks

akast12

Honorable
May 21, 2012

Did that now.Thanks.Any other things i can do?.Also just to add this netbook doesn't have fans so how does it cool lol?

Pyree

Distinguished
In the future, if you know you are stressing your netbook and your netbook hitting 85 in temp, don't be too alarm. It's usual for laptop to reach that temp.

Your temperature was fine. The 85, I think is due to the netbook running the 2 AV real time constantly, your system was stressed and you don't know about it until you see the temp. Just use 1 instead of 2 (do not use 2 AV, there is absolutely no benefit).

I don't think a cooling pad will do much for netbook. Just try to remain in cool indoor room when you use your netbook.