Which graphic card is best for RTS Games

gfloridafan93

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hello,

I am a college student who is looking to purchase a laptop. I would prefer Asus, and I really don't want to pay over $1000. I enjoy RTS games, but I do not know which laptop would be best for me. There are so many graphic cards out there, so I do not know what I am looking for. I want to be able to play games such as World in Conflict, Company of Heroes, Anno 2070, and other Real Time Strategy games. Could anyone please help me find a laptop that would have a graphics card that would run these games on high settings.

Thanks

gfloridafan93

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
1. What is your budget?
$1000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6 in
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Laptop for school
5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. I love Real Time Strategy Games. I would love to play World in Conflict, Company of Heroes, Anno 2070, and other RTS games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Use as a school laptop
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Doesn't matter
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus
13. What country do you live in?

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.

Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?