Looking for new laptop for school

Coastaltuba

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
1. What is your budget?
$300-450USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6

3. What screen resolution do you want? standard 1300x700 (can't remember exactly the pixel count)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? a mix really. I work on photoshop regularly, but also need to move around

5. How much battery life do you need? Not essential, I'm usually close to a outlet, so battery life doesn't kill

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Some games, none new. At the most, maybe Left4Dead2 on Medium (Integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics are fine)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photoshop, Finale, Movie Maker

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320-640GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Newegg, TigerDirect, or Ebay. Doesn't need to be new, as long as its not screwed up to hell and back. If you want to link other sites, that's perfectly fine.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? For around 1-2 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. ASUS, MSI, Lenovo. Great brands, have had tremendous success with their products in the past. Will not buy HP, Dell, or Toshiba. Price to product suck, and always have had problems.

13. What country do you live in? United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would love to get an i5 for my budget, but if it ain't there, it ain't there. Having an i3 will not kill me.

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Took 1.5 seconds to find this:

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/essential/g-series/g570/

What else can I hand feed you today? Your price doesn't leave much headroom for specs, but that one seems to fit your needs nicely. Most i5s you are going to find with any build quality (since Dell sucks, I assume you have very high quality standards) are going to START in the mid 500s and go up from there.

Contact your prefered vendors and ask them what they can give you in your price range. Or like I said, put in your price on your prefered vendor websites and go from there. Simple. The internet is your friend.