HP Laptop Recall List

helgakupper

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hello,
My daughter's 15 inch HP laptop started smoking the other day. Were there any laptops recalled or just the batteries?

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
HP Support may not tell you if there is a recall, I received a broken HP laptop free, which was a recalled model, and there were a lot of horror stories regarding it.

But if you want any help determining if there was a recall, you'll need to post the model #.

If it's a newer laptop, it maybe something you'll have to fight HP over, because the legal action from these things (they don't recall unless they are forced) can take a long time.

someam

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hi helgakupper,

I work for HP and I would like to look into this matter further. If you haven't resolved the issue please feel free to email me your product and contact information to psgsocialmedia@hp.com. Please include in the subject line Attn: Veronica-Tom.

Mjolnir Gurl

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
hello, SoMeAm

i have a hp dv7-3165 laptop and i was told their maybe a recall on the unit. recently i've been having overheating problems with my laptop especially when i go to use cd/dvd/blu-ray drive it will shut down about half way through the movie i am watching then when i boot it back up it gives a system 900 error. now i have the laptop sitting on a vented laptop stand where air can get through. ever since i first bought the computer i have used the stand. you can contact me by my email at sere_chan22@yahoo.com