Are there any A/C powered Notebook coolers?

mbg10484

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
Hey, I'm looking for an inexpensive notebook cooler that is A/C POWERED. I did a search on amazon/ebay and came up with a ton of results, some for <$10 but every one of them is USB powered ONLY.

I already have a 2 of my 3 USB ports in constant use and a third one is open for the most part, BUT... one of 2 in use is for a 1W (1000mw) external WIFI adapter. so I'm afraid that buy using the 3rd port for a cooler, either the WIFI adapter or the fan(s) in the cooler will not be getting all they would require to work at full strength.

I've thought about a generic USB to A/C adapter like what you receive with many chargers for various electronic devices, but they all seem to have a very small power ouput and not sure they would work. And in any case, most of these coolers don't list the electrical specs for the fans, so I really wouldn't know the proper amounts anyway.

Would like to spend $20 or less. any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

mbg10484

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2010
I don't know.. I've heard of other users of the 1W external wifi adapter have power issues. and something like the cooler would probably use a little more power than other usb components except maybe hard drives... but then again, you're probably not going to be constantly running a usb hard drive