Cannot login windows 7 for Acer Aspire 4551 even with a correct passwo

goddoc

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I just restored my laptop to the manufactured factory settings. The next thing I know is that I cannot log in even though I input the correct password I've just set. I entered through safe mode, where I was prompted with the login page, the password worked this time though. So I deleted the password after entered my profile through safe mode. Logged off and restarted the laptop, I still could not access my profile and was asked for password again. Could there be a solution for this? Or is that the end of life for my laptop......?

goddoc

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Thanks for your advice earlier. I tried restoring to factory settings again through the safe mode yet it completely failed. It is indeed awkward as I've never encountered this in the past when I restored to factory settings. I wonder what is blocking me from accessing in the normal mode.

goddoc

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Hello Brett,

Thank you for pointing this out. And I appreciate all the help that everyone on this forum has provided me with. The question I had originally posted on this forum focused mainly on the fact that I could not bypass the "login page" to access my profile on the laptop, instead of on how to retrieve forgotten password or trying to log in to someone else's profile. Thank you for your understanding and I do apologize if I had, in any way, violated Tom's Hardware Forums' policies.

Best,
Goddoc