LCD black screen after only 2 years??

DJYoshaBYD

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Hi. I have an Acer 5532. Its only 2 years old (roughly), and very well taken care of. I started having an issue where the screen wouldnt stay on, but if I close the lid or FN + f5 or f6, it would come on, and then go off. I was told it was the inverter, which makes some sense. I just took everything apart and reseated all of the connections to make sure that was good, but.....

My concern is the fact that I have multiple laptops that are years older that have working displays, and this was a pretty good computer the whole time I have had it.. It just doesnt make sense that the inverter would go out that quick..

Any suggestions

Oh, and yes, it displays perfectly through the VGA port.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Hello,

Like anything in life - sometimes you get a lemon.

The cost of repairing it probably is not worth it for your laptop. Laptops are so common now it's probably just cheaper to buy another if you so wish.

You could go through the hassle of repairing it yourself (finding the right product number, right size, right power requrement...etc) but it may or may not fix it.

DJYoshaBYD

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
"The cost of repairing it probably is not worth it for your laptop. Laptops are so common now it's probably just cheaper to buy another if you so wish. "

That is probably the worst answer ever. You know that if it was an inverter or a bulb (the backlight just doesnt stay on), that it would only take like, 50 bucks at the most to repair it?

"but it may or may not fix it."

While I agree on that point, it still would be worth it to try, simply because a new laptop IS A FEW HUNDRED, and the parts to at least try and fix it are NO WHERE near that much..

I was just hoping someone knew if it was some random issue that acers have or something.. anyway.. thanks