New Laptop for Diablo 3 ?

briller

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
1. What is your budget?
Not really sure, i think about
1800-2000$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.x

3. What screen resolution do you want?
minimum 1600x900

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Its not so important that it is super portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Not much :)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I would like to play Diabo 3 when it comes out

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Normal desktop, interenet rdp work.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
128GB ;)

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I dont consider any special sites.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I dont need a Optical drive.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I would like to by the more wellknown brands, Acer, Asus, HP, Levono.

13. What country do you live in?
Denmark

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I know its a conundrum but i would like to play some casual games on a not too big laptop, that does not run too hot :)

briller

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
Do you think the older sandybridge would take a price dump when Ivy Bridge gets out, it think the "old" technology would be enough ?

zental

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2004
Lol don't listen to Ram1009. He's dumb and posts in every thread about gaming laptops.

It's funny though - I just bought a new PC for D3 as well. I wonder if the world is seeing a huge spike in PC sales due to D3 coming out! haha.

If you're interested here's what I went with but it's from a custom builder so might not be good for you (this rig will DESTROY D3 by the way lol):
Model :Sager NP9170 / Clevo p170em

Hard Drive 750GB 7200RPM

Ram 8GB - DDR3 1333MHz Dual Channel

GeForce GTX 675M 2,048MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11

Processor Sager - 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM, 2.2-3.1GHz, (32nm, 6MB L3 cache) (Supports 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors)

Display 17.3" FHD 16:9 "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Glossy Screen (1920x1080) (SKU - S1R506)

They have a 15 inch version that's probably cheaper though over at Xoticpc.com

I am still waiting to get mine.. ordered it on the 18th but I didn't do the rush shipping so there are still 3 more days in my build window before it's expected to ship.

briller

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
gaming laptop=oxymoron
I know :)

but still for casual gaming and some mobility i need a "gaming" laptop

Also the NXB laptops look very nice, but i have to buy it through my company, thats why i need som of the bland brand names :)

ill consider your replies