Why can\'t my laptop run videos?!

roadrider

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I have a duel core hp notebook. 300gb ram processor 2100grt it use to play video great then one day without any warning it takes 30 minutes to download va 10 minute video from yutube. I cant get a straight answer from anyone .

That means you have an issue with your internet connection in some way, shape or form. First check your connection speed by clicking the following link.

http://www.speedtest.net/

I have TimeWarner Roadrunner internet cable and my download speed is 21.07Mbps which is what I expect it to be. I am not using a wireless modem, I am directly wired to my modem. You can call your ISP to find out if the results is what you should be getting.

If you are using wireless, then connect your laptop directly to the modem to see if that improves your download speed. If it does then it could there could be an issue with either your wireless modem and/or your wireless laptop adapter. It's possible that your laptop's wireless adapter driver settings has changed or been corrupted. Check HP's site to find updated drivers for your wireless adapter.