HP Pavillion dv3 2111tx GPU overheat

darkmirror

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Hi,
I've been using the laptop for nearly two years. It started to heat up since the fan vents are clogged with dusts. So, i opened up the laptop and clean off the dust from the fan. I cleaned the old thermal compounds and reapplied the thermal compound. I turned on the laptop and it heats up and shutdown. I thought i applied the thermal compounds incorrectly so, i cleaned the old thermal compounds and applied the paste again. Now, the temperature of the components stay normal until i use things that use GPU such us adobe flash. It goes up to 100+ C and shutdown(60C on idle). So, i can't watch videos or use the GPU. How can i fix the GPU overheating issue?

PS Hmm,ok
I disable the hardware acceleration in flash and i can watch the videos. But, my computer shut down when playing light graphic games (League of legends, or flash games). Then, i still want to know why does my GPU begins to heat up?

Thanks in Advanced...

Spec of the Laptop :: Click Here

Current Temperature(idle) of the laptop:

GPU: 64C
HD0 : 45C
Temp1: 52C
Core0: 47C
Core1: 50C

I used speedfan to figure out the temperatures.

darkmirror

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011
Ok,
Now, i reapply the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU

Here is the temperature

GPU: 54C
HD0: 36C
Temp1: 38C
Core 0: 32C
Core 1: 36C

Google Chrome is running.

So, when iplayed a DVD, the temperature of the GPU went up to 84C and i took out the DVD. So, what is the maximum temperature that my GPU can handle?

darkmirror

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2011

Thnx for the info, but I want to know how to fix my GPU's temperature... =S

Look at these temperatures;

GPU: 54C
HD0: 36C
Temp1: 38C
Core 0: 32C
Core 1: 36C

Everything is cool which tells fans are working.. But why isn't my GPU cool?