Best gaming Laptop under 800? Amnesia, Sims

cherrycoke3254

Honorable
Apr 10, 2012
Okay, I'm a girl and don't know much about computers, but I'm dying to play Amnesia the Dark Decent. I'll do my best in answering the questions below.

1. What is your budget?
Max 800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I'd like 17.3 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop Replacement, portibility nice but not nessesary

5. How much battery life do you need?

will be plugged in most of the time

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Amnesia the Dark Decent, Sims, Spore..the best setting i can get for the money I guess. I play Skyrim on Xbox, so I really just need it to be good enough for those 3 games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Email, Internet browsing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
someone told me 500...

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
er, as long as possibble?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not that important

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like Dell because of the switchable lids (yes I'm a silly girl), I'd buy a Sony Vaio for its appeal if they weren't such crap :)

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Help and Thanks!!!

Based on what's available at Newegg.com, the best would be the Acer Aspire AS7750G-9810 which has a quad core i7 2670QM (2.2GHz) and a Radeon HD 7670M graphics card. It has a 1600x900 resolution screen.

It costs $850 + free shipping, but there is also a $50 gift card; probably a debit card with $50 on it so you can use it to buy stuff.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215254

The Radeon HD 7670M is more than enough to play those three games. You can even play Skyrim with it should you ever decide to buy the PC version of it. It should also handle BF3 pretty well.