Help a college student out!!

yogi6994

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Hello,
I will be going to college as a computer science major, and I really need all the help I can get with choosing a laptop!

1. What is your budget? I would like to keep it under $800.00 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 inches maybe

3. What screen resolution do you want? Idk, full hd...

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable, will probably build my desktop

5. How much battery life do you need? 6-7 hrs

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? probably not

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) photo editing, programming, office programs, web surfing, etc...

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Not much, maybe 500gb to 750gb.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Hopefully 2-3 yrs at least

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD burner will do

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Open to opinions really don't know which are the good ones right now

13. What country do you live in? U.S

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would like something durable and reliable.
Thanks in advance!

Solution
i personally don't use HP laptops or any other laptops, but i've used one before. Their pretty good in battery life and capable of gaming and whatever work you put on it. I have a couple of my friends using the same series ,too.

yogi6994

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
That one is really nice and the reviews are great.
Have you had any experience with Hp before?
How is their durability and reliability?
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate all the help!!

lookerup

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
i personally don't use HP laptops or any other laptops, but i've used one before. Their pretty good in battery life and capable of gaming and whatever work you put on it. I have a couple of my friends using the same series ,too.

Solution