HP dv6 6135dx audio issues.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
I am sorry if this is the wrong area to ask, but I seem to be having an issue with my laptop.

Here is the issue:

I have an HP dv6 6135dx laptop with an AMD APU processor. now, it is not the processor that is having issues, but rather the audio.

As of now, the issue can be reproduced. About 3 days ago, I began to notice a faint crackling sound coming from my headphones. I checked to see if my headphones were blown. After trying out on another unit, I can concur that the headphones are not the issue. Still, I grabbed another pair of headphones and reproduced the same issue. Again, to check to is if it was my headphones, I tried the second pair in another unit. no issues with the other unit. My laptop still makes the crackling sound.

The crackling sound resonates like speakers have been blown, a lot of 'static-like noise'.

I tried the speakers on my laptop and the sound comes from the built in speakers of the computer.

I am beginning to think there is an issue with the audio card. There are no new updates, no new updates have been installed, and YouTube videos sound awful.

What is a theory to the noise? Am I missing some other eliminating test? What are your thoughts?

Thank You for taking time out of your day and reading this question. If you have any questions, please post here or PM me.

-dogman_1234

someam

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Hi dogman_1234,

Have you been able to resolve the sound issue you are experiencing?

"The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP"

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
Somewhat.

I have a theory:

Basically, in standard operations in Firefox, the noise is heard. However, when I do into private mode, the noise disappears.

Also, I have tested the laptop, and there is no noise except on Firefox standard view.

I am planning on contacting Mozilla about the issue.