Best Gaming Laptop for Under $400?

malachidunn

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
I am looking for a good gaming laptop that can play Modern Warfare 3 and Tanki Online without complications. I need to be able to do school activities on it also. I'd like it to be lightweight and fast. It can be used or refurbished. I'd also like it to be able to connect to wifi without an adapter. I don't mind Buying from eBay, newegg, or amazon, but if you have something from somewhere else, that doesn't matter. Resolution should be at least 720p. I would also like to be able to hook up a gaming remote to it. Thanks. If this is too much to ask for 400 just say so and list the next best price.

Solution

For $400, you can not get a brand new "gaming" laptop.

You can try geting a used one, from Craiglist, but even then you'll be...

Maksym

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008

For $400, you can not get a brand new "gaming" laptop.

You can try geting a used one, from Craiglist, but even then you'll be hard-pressed.

I'm not discouraging you, but, as someone who had recently bought a new laptop, with tons of research, I wouldn't bank on it.

Check out Lenovo, but stay away from HP, Dell, Alienware (you won't be able to afford this one anyways).

For $400, APU might be your best bet, but check out the graphic card of the laptop you are purchasing as to how it does for the game you are playing.

I play SC2, so I was checking benchmarks for SC2 to whatever laptop I was choosing, I advise doing the same, so there are no surprises at the end.

Solution

malachidunn

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWERS! I ended up purchasing a very nice Acer laptop for 364.82. It was about $340 off due to a major sale and being refurbished. It works very nicely. Thank you so much for your help! I took all your answers into consideration.