davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
I have Office XP Professional. Today I went in and typed a report and when I went to do the spell check it said it could not find the grammer file msgr??32.dll. It also said it could not find the spelling file MSSpell3.dll or mssp232.dll. So I uninstalled Office and restarted the computer. I reinstalled it and it still gives me these errors. Any ideas of how to fix this??

dinkster9

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001
hum, never had that problem, but i've had my share, there are MANY upgrades, service packs, addon's to office xp if you visit their site. Actually i wasn't able to get sp1 to work, but since office xp is working fine, i leave it alone :). visit "http://office.microsoft.com/productupdates/mainCatalog.aspx" and it will scan your computer (just like windows update does) for updates and lets you select ones you need. "hopefully" after updating your problem will be fixed :).

"sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick"
*grabs a stick and places it into the flames; mmmm, smores*
%Think before you act would be a good motto%

goloap

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
Have you checked in what language you are trying to do a spell check in. The error is due to the fact that a particular dictionnary is not installed.

For example, OfficeXP comes with the language English(united-states) or English(Canada) depending where you bought it. If you try to correct a report in another language say french, it won't work. You'll need to install the other language.

To check in what language your in, select all the text(ctrl-A) and go in Tools->language->Set Language and be sure there is a little check mark beside the language you are using.

In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies