Gaming laptop that doesn't look like a gaming laptop.

nofun

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Hi All,

Yes, I did see the sticky. I have only five requirements for a new laptop. I don't need extensive details, just someone to point me to a good manufacturer or laptop line. Price isn't a big issue as long as it meets my criteria:

■15" screen is ideal. I don't want something too huge, but would be willing to consider a large laptop depending on the weight.

■Decent Gaming Performance. On par with a GTX 560M or AMD 6870M, or even a little weaker.

■Must actually look like a professional laptop. I would buy Alienware in a heartbeat if it didn't look like the Lady Gaga of the laptop world.

■Decent customer support and build quality.

■I will never EVER buy Asus ever again after my last experience.

nofun

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
Thank you for the info. Yeah, I looked into the Y570. It's certainly a nice machine, and may be enough power for what I'm searching for. It's a real shame that Dell doesn't offer a modest looking gaming laptop.

I purchase an Asus ROG laptop a year ago for this reason (and because the price was very good). Turns out the price was TOO good. After a few design-related problems and frustrating customer support, I'll never go back again.