Help with buying a new laptop.

Brandons37

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Hello,

I'm looking for a new laptop ( Not refurbished ) that I can use for homework, browsing the internet and games. My price range is under 1200, I've been looking into alienware but with the m14x for what I want it costs almost 1300.

I would like the screen to be 14 - 17in and a i7 processor. For ram memory I would prefer 8gb or above but 6 gb would be okay as well. I want a mid-grade graphics card, something which I could play modern games on but it doesn't have to be on the highest setting in game, just not the least. I don't need a blu ray player but a cd player is a must. Screen resolution I would prefer to be good.

Other things that I don't mind is battery life - at least 2 hours. Webcam would be nice but not completly necessary. I don't mind if its loud or heats up or at least not dangerously so. It can be sortof heavy just not a lot and it doesn't need to be super thin.

I don't know if I'm asking for something that I won't be able to get so please tell me if thats the case. Thanks for helping and if there is no exact answer opinions and advice would help.

kellywilliams0448

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Oh! You are lucky. I just browse some of the top laptops in 2012 from cnet, and their prices.

You can get to this site in order to get a good feeling about these notebooks.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-laptops/

Brandons37

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Thanks to both of you, I'm looking into the one laptop, upgraded it to an i7 processor but I have a question about the ram, whats the main different between the 1333mhz and the 1600mhz?