Considering this refurbished laptop please help

Hi :)

Well I am actually In England (the country lol) so a little far for you to travel :)

The second one looks better but as I really am not totally familar with the American market, I would wait for some others to comment..

All the best Brett :)

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Not bad deals either one, but I cant find what warranty they are saying they come with, if you are concerned, then the 2 year warranty addon might be worth it. Either one looks fine, personally the second one is more to the liking, but this is a personal preference only. I dont think either one is a bad deal. I havent bought a refurb HP from newegg, but have bought over 15 laptop refurbs from them in the past and have not had one issue (mostly Asus). Refurbs are a good way to get a good deal if you can verify what terms are the warranty in case something goes wrong. At the worst, I believe most of them are 90 days like the Asus I bought were. But you can always extend that coverage at the time of purchase, and in the case of Asus, even buy it afterwards.

Avro Arrow

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
It IS asymmetrically crossfired with the A8-3500M's built-in Mobility Radeon HD 6620G but that only really works properly in DX11 gaming. Honestly though, I've never had a refurbished laptop that didn't cause me problems and that price isn't all that impressive when you consider that you could get a new one with almost the exact same specs for $20 less and a full warranty instead of the 90-day BS that comes with refurbished products:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=807396&CatId=4938