My hp laptop won\'t shut down

silverfox1811

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
hi , I have a acer laptop . for some time now it has stop shutting down , so when Im trying to up date soft ware , OR install things on it . I just cant as It will not shut down , to re boot . I have left it for the hole night . over 15H !! and still when I open it back up and swich back on , it still say 'shutting down' arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , can you help ???????

emjstclair@gmail.com

silverfox1811

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
no sorry , that would be cool , what I mean is even when I unplug OR removed the bat;s and go to work IE for a hole day come back plug back in put back the bat;s , it will still say ' shutting down ' . it will keep say that for days , i get boerd and need to use my laptop so , start it up agine , it s only a problem as I am unable to shut it down for software up dates And anti viral updates ,

Gumption

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Right, sorry, let me get this straight.

You can't shutdown your computer using windows. Instead you switch it off manually and reboot it?

silverfox1811

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
OK , thanks . I not at home now I will try later . your last but one reply seems OK , but it dose not seem to work , ill try this one and let you no how I get on .