Wait for windows 8 and next gen Intel CPU?

G

Hi Guys,

I've had an acer Laptop running at home for nearly 4 years now. 80% useage is general day to day stuff, 20 % is playing with multimedia stuff with photoshop / Captivate /camtasia. Don;t really do that much gaming, but a goood battery life is important.

I'm thinking of buying a replacement and may question is this. Should I wait for windows 8 and next gent intel cpus to come out til the end of the year or did you think I'll not gain much and get something now?

geogolem

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

I've had an acer Laptop running at home for nearly 4 years now. 80% useage is general day to day stuff, 20 % is playing with multimedia stuff with photoshop / Captivate /camtasia. Don;t really do that much gaming, but a goood battery life is important.

I'm thinking of buying a replacement and may question is this. Should I wait for windows 8 and next gent intel cpus to come out til the end of the year or did you think I'll not gain much and get something now?

Personally I don't think right now if a good time to buy another portable device like a tablet or laptop. So many things are changing right now. Its best to wait until some time after Windows 8 hits. I'm sure the devices will have a nicer form factor, better performance/power usage. If you can get by with what you have, I would wait. If you were going to build a desktop on the other hand, I would still wait but the need to wait is not as critical....

Just my opinion ;)

cbrunnem

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Hi Guys,

i would wait until the next intel cpu's come out because they will run a lot cooler then SB cpu's thus intel will be able to put out higher standard clock rates in laptops making the performance difference from todays cpu that much higher.

Windows 8 shouldnt be that big of an impact because its more for a tablet phone type thing and there will be an option to make it look like windows 7.