SoundMax driver error please help!

cdiscoll2012

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
okay so in device manager it says the right driver is not installed but when i try to update the driver it gives me an error

"The name is already in use as a service name or service display name."

so at the moment i am without sound on my laptop PLEASE HELP!

thanks in advance! :bounce:

cdiscoll2012

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
hi i tried that and it didn't work :( also whenever i take the mute off it goes back on after a minute or so the actual name of the driver is "audio device on high definition audio bus" and every time i turn my computer turns on it says "you must re-install SoundMax" but i cannot even find SoundMax on my computer
PLEASE HELP!

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
the error message explained it. when a driver is uninstalled, it doesnt always disable or delete the associated service it installed and set up automotic startup. that service needs to be disabled and then stopped.

go to control panel, administrative tools, services, and go to the service for your audio device, right click, where it says automotic, change to disable, then click on the stop button, reinstall the driver. might have to reboot

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
and while you are at it, right click on the task bar, choose task manager, click on the processes tab, make sure nothing for your audio device is running, end their processes. then reinstall the driver