Cheap graphic design laptop under $450

varthshenon

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
1. What is your budget?
$450

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
N/A

3. What screen resolution do you want?
N/A

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No

5. How much battery life do you need?
N/A

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Graphic Designing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
N/A

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
N/A

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
People said Lenovo is better for graphic designing, please enlighten me.

13. What country do you live in?
Indonesia

varthshenon

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012

Let me take a look at that ;)

verdenshersker

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
What kind of graphic design, do you need? I would go for a big screen (17 inch) and with a 1920x1080 resolution and a SSD. I have SSD and its perfect, when you load and safe 600 mb files in Photoshop etc.
Furthermore is memory and cores important for me.

Hi :)

Ummm you missed something......

Autocad 3D Modelling...YOU NEED ...

"1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Microsoft® Direct3D®-capable workstation-class graphics card"

Notice where it says GRAPHICS CARD !

All the best Brett :)

Hi :)

The CPU is NOT up to Autocads requirements....

All the best Brett :)

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
@Brett The IGP is perfectly capable of SM 3.0 as it's a DX 10 part albiet not the highest performing one :D. A 3.0GHz P4 (as in the Intel Pentium 4 530) is easily matched by the slowest Athlon X2 parts meaning it want's an x2 part with better than a 3000+ rating, which is just about all of them. I seriously doubt the mean the actual clock speed for an X2 as that would be implying that an Athlon X2 6000+ performs the same as a P4 3.0Ghz o_O

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
By the way, the IGP in the E-450 is an 80 shader evergreen part clocked between 500 and 600MHz putting it around the performance of a low end 4350 card. Not enough to play crysis, but it will get the job done with auto cad, but for a graphic designer 3D modeling generally isn't a primary concern.

Wisecracker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2007
That 5400rpm notebook HDD will eat yah alive. Cloning the OS and Apps to an SSD and putting the original drive in an external enclosure would be FTW.

Maxing out the RAMs (while it is inexpensive) will help if the BIOS will allow 1GB to be shared with your video.

You just missed the free (after rebate) Norton Ghost -- it pops up every few months.