Im looking for a laptop for college that i can also game on

brs0210

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Hi, im going to college next year and I was looking for a laptop for typing papers and for gaming. I play SC2, swtor, and d3 when it comess out. My budget is around $2,200. I was looking at the alienware m18x, the asus g74sx, the new 2012 macbook pro, or any MSI laptop. There's so many options I really don't know what's the best.

-Thanks

brs0210

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
Alright ill probably wait until after my grad party in june and look then.

And shadow I hear what you're saying. I already have a gaming desktop, and I know I wont game in class, future > a few hours of gaming. I would also like the laptop for lan partys, I hate lugging around my tower and a monitor.lol

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Agreed - Macs and gaming haven't had a great relationship and they don't have most online stores converted yet.

I too would recommend a smaller laptop for using in the classroom and build a desktop to game on. I know space is a premium in a dorm, but you'll get a lot more bang for your buck by building a desktop and living with a small laptop or tablet the classroom. Heck, get a new ipad and a keyboard case - cheap and efficient

If you're set on buying a laptop sooner rather than later, I would probably look at an Origin laptop. Quality builds with great hardware options - I would probably use a HDD in the configuration and then purchase a SSD to reload the OS onto. They kind of charge you a premium for parts for customization so do yourself a favor and reduce your price by buying drives from another vendor.

brs0210

Honorable
Mar 12, 2012
I could always run bootcamp on my mac but it seems like to much work just to game when I could just get a windows laptop. Im forsure getting a gaming laptop though, Ive been lugging around a pc for 8 years now. Ill probably just wait until june/july and search then.