Acer Aspire One won't boot after LCD replacement

Tuxx

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Hi guys, i've just replaced cracked LCD on Acer Aspire One D255E (PAV70), but now it just light up blue LED, spin fan for a while and made quiet clicking noise for a second. Screen is still black (not even backlight). A tried old cracked screen, but no change. Before replacement it worked properly on external LCD.

I had several of these AA1s, so i know, it is pretty possible that there is a problem with BIOS. I tried to flash it (several USB thumb drives, various BIOS files for PAV70) but it just didn't flash. I used correct key combo for these AA1s (Fn+Esc and hitting pwr button, then release Fn+Esc).

I even bought new BIOS chip programmed exactly for this PAV70, but after replacemenet on PCB, there is no change. Still shining blue LED, fan spinning for a moment and that short clicking noise.

Anybody have some idea what to try next? Thanks in advance.

Nethriel12

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
This "clicking noise" is it coming from the fan itself?
Obviously checking that everything in the laptop was seated properly and all the cables for the monitor are plugged in correctly.

You could maybe try stripping the laptop (Battery, HDD, RAM) and putting only one known working RAM stick in and seeing if that lets it boot up.

I'm having a similar issue with an HP G60, though I have just taken the broken screen off. I'm still waiting on the part but in the meantime I can't get it to come up on an external monitor. I don't know if it worked on an external monitor before as the laptop is not mine but a client's.

rk0r

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Not having a backlight means the inverter has gone.
Check to see if there is a faint image on the screen.

if you have changed your cable and inverter and still nothing then i would say your GPU needs to be changed.

isurewould

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I am having the exact same problem. Kids dropped moms laptop and cracked the screen. It still had a distorted picture and was backlit. It also ran, started up, and shut down normally.

After replacing the screen with the exact same part #, it will no longer start up. Blue light flashes once, fan comes on for 3 seconds, and it shuts off.

Hooked up the old screen again and it does the same thing. I was very careful in the installation, so what is the secret glitch preventing the startup?

stewiegriffin

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
Possibly the cable may be damaged to the LCD the cable connector may or may not be the program I recently replaced my LCD on my computer so maybe that will help. Check both ends of the cord and look for any damage.

Nikolov87

Estimable
Jul 31, 2015

Hello did you find a solutin ? I have the same problem ,worked with Vga,after replacment nothing. Tried removing all ,disassembled, reassembled. Nothing helped, like my video is fried !!!! Very confusing, there was no spark or whatever when new lcd was placed. I dont know, and it was not my laptop