Need a recommendation for new laptop.

Herinsomnia

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Any opinions or enlightenments you are willing to share would be most appreciated!

1. What is your budget? Less than $500 USD.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14" and up

3. What screen resolution do you want? Best I can get

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Mostly portable. I need to be able to bring it to/from the office and occasionally to/from meetings at various locations, though most of the time it will be on my desk at the office.

5. How much battery life do you need? Battery life is not a top concern as most of the time it will be plugged in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Games will not be played on this machine, it is strictly for work. That is what my desktop at home is for. =)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) I will be uploading a LOT of photos and videos to various websites, social media sites, etc. Some very light photo and video editing is also possible, though most likely that would be done on a different machine.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Would like to get as much as possible for the money, but I have external hard drives so am not too worried.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Main considerations are Best Buy and Newegg, but I am open to others.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc? Unsure. See below.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm a big fan of Asus, but that's just me. One I am considering is an Asus, but I'm not married to them.

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Basically I need speed. That is my number one concern. I want the fastest machine I can get within my (very limited) budget. I do a lot (I mean a LOT) of uploading/downloading of photo and video files. Other than that it's mostly blogging and social media management. So I mostly just need it to be fast, fast, fast.

Thank you very much in advance for your input!